Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bomb Scare


Yesterday I was in a bomb scare.

On the way to breakfast with my sister on Saturday morning, we stopped at the chemist so I could quickly fill a prescription.

While the cashier was swipping my bank card - I heard the sound familiar to the sound of the wildebeast running across a plain in the Kruger National Park.

Then I heard a woman scream.

I turned around, and an old lady said , " Get out of the building, dearie, the police are evacuating, there has been a bomb scare!"

I signed my bank invoice, grabbed my prescription and gapped on out of there as fast as I could.

As I got out of the building, I saw the sniffer dogs jump out of the back of a police van.

There is a hospital in this building ?

I got into the car and said to my sister, "Lets get out of here fast, there has been a bomb scare. "

"That hasn't happened in a very long time" , I thought.

What a strange thing to think at a time like that.

What scares me more than the bomb scare is me.

My apathy.


2 comments:

  1. I felt like we were in the movies and I was the get away car racing out of the parking lot while everybody gathered outside with the police. But it did somehow change my life I think....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like we were kamikaze pilots - driving to death,,,,

    ReplyDelete