Monday, May 10, 2010

QUARTERLY REPORT


I have had, to say the least, the most interesting quarter.

I resigned from my job on the 29 January 2010 - after having been of service to the company I worked for for nearly six years.

I worked hard - be under no delusion - but - it was - to all intents and purposes, a gravy train opportunity - with very high pay to buy allegiance to a very fucked up organisational culture, driven by greed, crack cocaine and ego.

People were flabbergasted at my choice - just suck it up - it's a shit load of money.

Well, for those that know me -I do not suck anything up.

So it has been 4 months since I packed up my lucrative career, and hence my quarterly report.

I have still not found full time employ.

Whether that has anything to do with the charming letter my ex CEO sent out, implicating that I was fired - I will never know.

That is no longer of any concern to me.

What is of concern to me is the following :

1. My friend Eleanor, has given me EVERY short term assignment that has come her way. In addition to this - she has given me a computer and internet until I find my feet.

2. My friends, Alex,Amanda, Isme, Barbara,Glenda, Craig, Eleanor and my sister - have invited me for meals over this period, nourishing me with love and compassion.

3.My good friend and hairdresser Karen has come to my house, every week, to blow & /or trim my hair - and will not accept a dime in return, because she believes in the concept of paying it forward - and that it is now her chance to pay it forward to me. Her boss allowed Karen to colour my hair in return for designing a party invite for her.

4. My sister - knowing how pedantic I am about what I feed my dogs - has presented me with a bag of dog food for the month.(Yes, the good stuff)

5. My friend, Craig (an amazing attorney) has written emails to my previous employer - always offering pro-bono - to protect my name and my soul, because he cares about me.

6. My amazing girlfriend, Ali, before she left for a working vacation in New York - ensured that I was fully stocked on all the things I needed in the house. She also asked her friend, to contact me with regards a part-time business opportunity - which I am working on now - and LOVING !! (Plus it covers my bond repayment)

7. Even my previous boss and COO brought me a months supply of groceries to ensure I was ok this month.

8. My ex girlfriend, Adri, organised a HUGE discount for the operation my dachshund, Sprite needed over this period. My sister contributed significantly to this medical cost too.

9. My friend Monique phoned me everyday - came over every other day - did Reiki on me - loved me, fed me, healed me.

10. My friend Lebo came and brought drinks one afternoon - and just was kind and dear and held my soul.

11. My friend R, came to my house, every fortnight, to help me maintain my garden and home. And would not accept ONE cent. His reason. Love. He still does this.

12. My friend Fiona, tried to help me find a job.

13. My friend Isme, typed stuff for me and visited me and had me over for dinner.

14. My friend Alex comes over and fixes all my things that have broken, from light fixtures to lawnmower - and shown me how to angle grind - with patience :-)

15. My mother has been special in so many wonderful kind ways.

16. My loved ones always offer to call me back on my phone - cause they know I am counting pennies right now. Even my maid :-)

17. My friend Tarryne has sent me endless mails on useful information to assist my journey.

18. My dogs - shower me with love every day - but like shitloads of it.

So, to summarise, my quarterly report is this :

While I am fully cognisant of how hard life can be - and how SHITTY human beings can be - I tell you this : The world has some amazing souls.

If you ever doubt that. Read this story again.

It's the ultimate proof of beauty. And yes - I do live on the planet earth.

A testimonial to hope.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, just wish I could do more!

    Love you!!!!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. When one reflects in this way you do find that there are angels out there.
    Remember you are one of them!
    I love you
    Bob

    ReplyDelete